|OLD GRAVE YARD.||23|
[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
(He m. Martha Howard, a granddaughter of Rev. James Keith, and was father of Seth Williams, b. 1722, and grandfather of Seth, who m. Zilphe Ingraham, of Canton, and who was father of the Hon. Ruel Williams, of Augusta, Me. Said Ruel Williams died July 25, 1862).
208. John, son of Mr. John Alger and Abiel, his wife, was born May ye 9th 1735, died Mch. ye 4, 1756.
209. Here lies burried Mr. John Alger, who died Feb. 12, 1756, in ye 25 year of his age.
210. In memory of Mrs. Silence, wife of Mr. Barnabas Dunbar. She died March 21, 1781, in her 21st year.
211. In memory of Sarah, wife of Mr. Adam Bailey, who died Aug. 28, 1774, aged 45 years.
212. In memory of Catharine, wife of Mr. Adam Bailey, who died April 6th, 1783, agd 55 years.
213. In memory of Mr. Edward Lathrop, who died July ye 17th, 1777, in ye 80 year of his age.
214. In memory of Mrs. Hannah, wife of Mr. Edward Lathrop. She died Dec. ye 24, 1774, in ye 80 year of her age.
215. In memory of Mr. Barnabas Lathrop, who died April 11, 1838, aged 50  years.
216. In memory of Rachel Lathrop, widow of Barnabas Lathrop, who died March 12, 1862, in the 90th year of her age.
217. In memory of Lt. Ephriam Howard, who died Aug. 11, 1750, in ye 84th year of his age.
218. Caleb Kingman, ye son of Mr. Ebenezer Kingman and Content, his wife, was born Dec. ye 13, 1740, deceased Sept. ye 25, 1743.
219. Here lies burried Abiel, son of Mr. David Howard, who was born May 10, 1700, died July 14, 1761.
220. Here lies burried Keziah, daughter of Mr. David Howard and Keziah, his wife, who was born March 17, 1758, died May 19, 1760.
221. Here lies burried Mr. David Howard, who died Mch 17, 1760, in the 32d year of his age.
222. Here lies Mrs. Keziah, wife of Capt. Jonathan Ames, formerly widow of Mr. David Howard. She died March 20th, 1768, in her 36 year.
223. In memory of Mrs. Sarah Hayward, ye wife of Mr. Benjamin Hayward, who died April 10, 1776, in ye 68th year of her age.
224. In memory of Mrs. Hannah Hayward, who died Feb. 12, 1785, in the 77 year of her age.
225. Here lies Miss Sarah Howard, who died Jan. 2d, 1794, in the 84th year of her age.
226. In memory of Mr. Abner Fobes, son of Mr. William Fobes, who died Jan. 20, 1767, in ye 40th year of his age.
227. In memory of Mrs. Thankful Fobes, the wife of Mr. Wm. Fobes, who died April 9, 1776, in ye 70th year of her age.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2013 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.