[Transcribed by Arthur Richardson]
61. In memory of Aney Jess, she died Aug. 21, 1814, in her 28th year.
62. Clara S., dau. of James and Betsey B. Hayward, æ 10 m. and 3 days.
Happy infant, early blest,
Rest, in peaceful slumber, rest;
Early rescued from the cares
Which increase with growing years.
63. In memory of Mr. Luther Hayward, Jr., who died Nov. 16, 1824, aged 38 years.
64. In memory of Mrs. Clarissa R. Hayward, wife of Mr. Luther Hayward, Jr., who died Nov. 8, 1824, aged 36.
65. In memory of George, son of Mr. Luther Hayward, Jr., and Mrs. Clarrissa, his wife, who died Oct. 17, 1824, aged 4 years, 6 mo.
66. In memory of Mr. James Ingalls, who died Sept. 11, 1816, in the 54th year of his age.
Art thou a man of honest mould,
With fervent heart sincere?
A husband, father, friend behold,
Thy brother slumbers here.
67 In memory of Samuel, son of Mr. Samuel Willis and Susanna, his wife, who died April ye 10th, 1780, in his 20th year.
Depart my friends,
Wipe off your tears;
Here I must lie
Till Christ appears.
68. In memory of Mrs. Susanna, wife of Mr. Samuel Willis, who died Dec. ye 10, 1783, in ye 58 year of her age.
Stop, kind reader, and drop a tear;
Think on the dust that slumbers here;
And while you read the fate of me
Think on the glass that runs for thee.
69. In memory of Mr. Samuel Willis, who died Nov. ye 20th, 1778, in ye 54th year of his age.
Behold and see as you pass by,
For as you are, so once was I;
And as I am now, so you must be;
Prepare for death, and follow me.
70. In memory of Miss Martha Snell; who died Sept. 2d, 1817, æ 64.
Could grateful love recall the fleeting breath,
Or fond affection sooth relentless death;
Then had this stone ne'er claimed a social tear,
Or read to thoughtless man a lesson here.
71. Here lies Mrs. Sarah Snell, she died Nov. 17, 1800, in her 39th year.
72. In memory of Mrs. Martha, wife of Mr. Jonathan Snell, she died Nov. 16, 1781,, in ye 54th year of her age.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.