GRAVE-YARD ON THE ROAD TO JERUSALEM,
[Transcribed by Arthur Richardson]
1. In memory of Hannah, daughter of Mr. Philip Reynolds and Hannah, his wife, who died Dec. ye 23, 1774, in ye 6th year of her age.
2. In memory of Mr. Philip Reynolds, who died Jan. 4, 1775, in ye 35th year of his age.
3. In memory of Freelove Brett, daugh. of Mr. John Brett and Alice, his wife, who died Jany 12, 1779, in the 33d year of her age.
4. In memory of Hannah Brett, daugh. of Mr. John Brett and Alice, his wife, who died Oct. 20th, 1779, in the 26th year of her age.
5. Here lies Mr. John Brett, who died Aug. 28th, 1793, in the 88th year of his age.
6. In memory of Alice, widow of Mr. John Brett, who died Dec. 1st, 1794, in her 81st year.
7. In memory of Mrs. Anna Williams, wife of Mr. George Williams, who Sept. 4, 1775, in ye 23d year of her age.
8. In memory of Mrs. Sarah Kingman, wife of Mr. Alexander Kingman, who died Nov. 16, 1789, aged 65 years.
9. In memory of Lieut. Daniel Howard, who died March ye 23d, 1782, in ye 35th year of his age.
Stoop down my thoughts that used to rise,
Converse a while with death,
Think how a gasping mortal lies
And pants away his breath.
10. In memory of Mrs. Silence, the wife of Abiel Howard, M. D.; she died Augt ye 17, 1775, ætatis 62. (A daughter of Nehemiah Washburn).
In dust I die, to dust I return;
This is my place, my destined urn,
O think of death, heaven, and hell;
Make God your friend and all is well.
11. In memory of Abiel Howard, M. D.; he died Jany the 10th, 1777, in ye 73d year of his age, (A graduate H. U. 1729, whose dau. Si-
Previous Contents Plan Index to this cemetery Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2013 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.