[Transcribed by Arthur Richardson]
[Most or all of these graves, along with burials that took place after this book was published, were removed to Pine Hill Cemetery on June 10, 1909. Those reinterments for which we have found a record at Pine Hill are individually noted. See the addendum on the directions page.]
5. Dilly Green, colored, buried about 1824. She was probably over 60 years of age and was one of the four wives of Robert Prince, better known by the name of Robert Green, who was a large, strong man, jet black, born in Virginia, lived on the Alger farm for many years; is said to have served in the old French war and was a body servant of Gen. Green, in the Revolutionary War, and died in the poor house in West Bridgewater, in January, 1827, 106 years of age.
And there is also one large tomb upon these premises, built by the late Abiezer Alger, Jr., in the early part of the year of 1828, containing the remains of fourteen persons deposited there, in the order of their deaths, to wit:
1. Cornelia Alger, born Aug. 24, 1800, died Oct. 26, 1824. Put into Zephaniah Lathrop's tomb and removed June 7, 1828.
2. A son of Abiezer and Annie C. Alger, stillborn, June 5, 1828.
3. Abiezer Alger, Sen., born July 25, 1757, died July 31, 1830.
4. Hepsibah Alger, wife of Abiezer Alger, born in Scotland, Dec. 20, 1760, died Feb. 25, 1841.
5. Vienna Keith, born in Scotland, Aug. 1, 1764, died July 21, 1847, a daughter of Ebenezer Keith, and sister of said Hepsibah.
6. Annie Dean Alger, dau. of James and Caroline B. Alger, born Feb. 1856, died, aged 10 days.
7. Anne Cushing Alger, wife of the second Abiezer Alger, born in Pembroke, now Hanson, Oct. 15, 1786, died Sept. 24, 1857.
8. Abiezer Alger, born May 21, 1787, died March 1, 1863,
9. Martha Kingman Alger, born May 16, 1848, died May 17, 1866.
10. Hepsey Alger, born Oct. 24, 1792, died June 14, 1866.
11. Caroline Belinda Alger, born in Raynham, Mar. 2, 1825, died April 2, 1869.
12. Caroline Richmond Alger, born July 16, 1845, died July 4, 1869.
13. James Alger, born Aug. 29, 1816, died Jan. 26, 1878. (Son of Abiezer, Jr.)
14. Henry Williams Alger, born April 18, 1854, died Feb. 26, 1878.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2013 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.