|OLD GRAVE YARD.||69|
[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
Friends draw near and drop a tear,
In this cold grave I lie;
When this you see, remember me,
And be prepared to die.
97. Caleb Strong, son of Caleb and Jane Mitchell, died Sept. 27, 1826, æt. 7 years, 5 mos.
98. Mary Keith, daut. of Caleb and Jane Mitchell, died Jan. 22, 1822, æt. 5 years and 8 mos.
99. In memory of Mr. John Mitchell, died Feb. 6, 1829, æt. 81.
My living friends, when this you see,
Stop here and think, O think of me;
All earthly things I left behind,
The joys of heaven in hopes to find.
100. Here lies Mrs. Anna Mitchell, wife of Mr. John Mitchell, who died Feb. 17th, 1794, in the 37th year of her age.
101. Obediah Eddy, 1789.
102. Memento mori. In memory of Mr. Thomas Lawrence, who died March ye 17th, 1759, in the 53d year of his age.
Farewell, vain world, farewell, my friends,
I bid you all adieu;
Sleep here my body, rest secure,
I'll come again for you.
103. John Lawrence, son to Mr. Thos Lawrence and Desire his wife, who decd Jany ye 25th, 1740, aged 4 years.
104. Here lyes ye body of Benjan Hayward, who decd Jan ye 20th, 1733, in ye 56th year of his age.
105. Here lies ye body of Mrs. Elizabeth Perkins, wife to Mr. David Perkins, who deceased July ye 14th, 1735, in the 80th year of her age.
106. Here lyes buried ye body of Mr. David Perkins, who departed this life Oct. ye 1st, 1736, in ye 84th year of his age.
107. In memory of Mrs. Huldah, wife of Mr. Hezekiah Hayward; she died July 14, 1800, in the 88th year of her age.
108. In memory of Hezekiah Hayward, who died April 22, 1790, in his 83 year.
109. Hasadiah, wife of Hezekiah Hayward, died Feb. 4, 1829, æt. 75.
Here slumbers one who various sorrows bore,
Clouds spread and storms howled o'er the path she trod;
But pain and grief we trust she feels no more,
By sanctifying grace led home to God,
Where beams a cloudless sky where sorrows cease,
And all is sweet security and peace.
110. Mr. Hezekiah Hayward, died Aug. 16 1811, in his 66 year.
|111.||M. F. H.|
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.