[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
234. In memory of Oliver, son to Mr. Oliver and Mrs. Experience Alden; he died Novmb ye 12th, 1775, in ye 7th year of his age.
235. Here lies buried Margaret Johnson, ye wife of Major John Johnson, who died Octr 26th, 1757, in ye 47th year of her age.
236. John, son of Major John Johnson and Margaret, his wife, died October 17th, 1757, in ye 16th year of his age.
237. Mary, widow of Mr. Seth Alden, died Dec 1, 1811, æt. 63.
Hush all our sorrows, all our tears be dry;
'Tis Christ that calls submission, we obey;
She's gone to bless the mansions in the sky,
To sing her Savior's praise in endless day.
238. Memento Mori. In memory of Mr. Seth Alden, Jun; he died Augst ye 29th, 1775, in ye 34th year of his age.
My time is spent, my days are past,
Eternity must count the rest;
My glass is out, my race is run,
The holy will of God is done.
239. In memory of Betsey, dautr to Mr. Seth Alden, Jun., and Mrs. Mary, his wife; she died Augst ye 8th, 1775, in ye 2d year of her age.
240. In memory of Seth, son to Mr. Seth Alden and Mrs. Mary, his wife; he died Augst ye 10th, 1775, in ye 7th year of his age.
241. In memory of Mehetable, dautr to Mr. Seth Alden, Junr and Mrs. Mary, his wife, who died Aug. ye 11th, 1775, in ye 5th year of her age.
242. Here lies Mr. James Perkins, who died April 11th, 1795, in the 76th year of his age.
243. Martin, son of Mr. Solomon and Betsey Hayward, died Jan. 8, 1817, æt. 14 mos.
244. Wm. Henry, son of Mr. Solomon Hayward, died March 13, 1820, æt. 4 mos.
245. An infant son of Mr. Solomon Hayward, died March 4, 1821, æt. 20 days.
246. In memory of Miss Sophia Kinsly, who died Febry 23, 1800, aged 56 years.
My friends, attend God's sudden call,
Here is a warning to you all.
247. In memory of Mrs. Sophia Kinsley, who died July 5, 1811, æt. 89.
Death is a debt to nature due,
Which I have paid and so must you.
248. In memory of Mr. Edward Mitchell, died Nov. 13, 1824, in his 58 year.
249. In memory of Nathan, son of Mr. Caleb and Mrs. Bethia Bassett, who died July 10th, 1796, aged 2 years, 8 months and 24 days.
250. Here lies Mrs. Sarah, wife of Mr. Hezekiah Hall, who died Feb, 18, 1800, aged 44.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.