|OLD GRAVE YARD.||81|
[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
281. Mrs. Susanna, wife of Mr. Nathan Hayward, died Nov. 23, 1811, in her 83d year.
282. Here lies buried Mr. Nathaniel Hayward, who died February 23d, 1755, in ye 65th year of his age.
283. Miss Dorcas Hayward ye daughter of Mr. Nathl Hayward and Mary, his wife, was born January 30th, 1727, died June 12th, 1756.
284. Mr. Isaac Swift, died 22 Novr, 1811, in his 92 year.
285. Here lies Mrs. Susanna, wife of Mr. Isaac Swift, she died May 23d, 1795, in her 81st year.
Why do we mourn departing friends,
Or shake at death's alarms;
'Tis but the voice that Jesus sends,
To call them to his arms.
286. In memory of Mr. Solomon Ames, who deceasd July ye 14th, 1745, in ye 37th year of his age. Memento Mori. (Stone broken and prostrate).
287. In memory of Mr. Solomon Ames, who died Feb. 24, 1814, aged 72 years.
Though greedy worms devour my skin,
And gnaw my wasting flesh;
When God shall build my bones again,
He'll clothe them all afresh.
288. Eunice, widow of Mr. Solomon Ames, died Oct. 12, 1833, æt. 92.
289. Mrs. Rachel, wife of Mr. William Swift, died Ap. 9, 1827, æt. 62.
290. In memory of William Swift, who died May 14, 1839, æt. 86.
Lo, here I lie in this soft bed of dust,
Waiting the ressurection of the just.
291. In memory of Daniel, son of Mr. Daniel Mitchell and Mrs. Eunice, his wife, who died April 16th, 1805, in his 7th year. (Stone broken and prostrate).
292. Freeman W., son of Winslow and Maria A. Caswell, died April 14, 1837, aged 9 weeks.
293. Sacred to the memory of Melinda, wife of Oliver Alden, who died May 3, 1838, aged 45 years.
294. In memory of Miss Hannah Conant, eighth daughter of Mr. Timothy and Mrs. Hannah Conant, who died Oct. 31st, 1791, in ye 15 year of her age.
Fair was the flower, and soft the vernal sky;
Elate with hope, we deem'd no tempest nigh;
When lo! a whirlwind's instantaneous gust,
Laid all its beauties withering in the dust.
295. Lucius, son of Philander and Lavina Dean, died Dec. 13, 1832, æt. 7 days.
He is now secure from evil, and safe in heaven.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.