|OLD GRAVE YARD.||83|
[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
314. In memory of Lieut. John Washburn; he died June 3, 1797, in the 86th year of his age.
315. In memory of Thomas Washburn, who died Dec. 2d, 1824, aged 86 yrs.
316. In memory of Sarah Washburn, who died April 15, 1836, aged 96 yrs. and 10 mos.
317. In memory of Miss Sylvia Mehurin, who died Dec. 23, 1841, aged 87 years.
318. Mary, daughter of Mr. Nathan Mitchell and Ann, his wife, born August 23d, 1760, died October 10, 1768.
319. In memory of Mr. Cary Mitchell, who died Aug. 4, 1821, æt. 57.
320. Sacred to the memory of Mrs. Anne Mitchell, wife of Hon. Nathan Mitchell, who died Jan. 20, 1819, in the 91st year of her age.
321. Beneath are deposited the remains of the Honble Nathan Mitchell, Esq., in whom prudence and economy, benevolence and piety were happily and conspicuously united; whose open disposition procured him confidence and esteem in private life, while his patriotism, integrity, and strong natural abilities repeatedly advanced him, by the suffrages of a virtuous people, to a seat in government; who in various capacities served his town and country with fidelity and honour; and through life sustained the character of a devout, exemplary christian, an obliging neighbor, a kind husband, and tender parent. He died with small-pox, 2 March, 1789, in the 60th year of his age, beloved and lamented. His widow and children, to record their gratitude and the virtues of the deceased, have erected this monument. (A slate slab, six by three feet, on hammered granite blocks).
322. Here lies buried Mrs. Ruth Packard, ye wife of Mr. Edward Packard, who died December 19, 1764, in ye 32d year of her age.
323. In memory of Ruth, dautr to Mr. Gidem and Mrs. Ruth Washburn, died July ye 27th, 1778, in ye 12th year of her age.
324. Here lies Betty, daughter of Mr. Cornelius and Mrs. Lois Washburn; she died April 1, 1796, in her 16th year.
325. In memory of Mrs. Naby, wife of Mr. Levi Blossom, who died Febry 1st, 1800, in her 23 year.
326. In memory of Mrs. Louis Washburn, who died Feb. 12, 1825, aged 74 years.
327. In memory of Mr. Cornelius Washburn, died July 18, 1830, aged 77 years.
328. In memory of Huldah Pope, daught. of Mr. Thomas Pope and Mrs. Huldah, his wife, who died Feb. 23, 1794, in ye 12th year of her age.
329. In memory of Icabod Pope, son of Mr. Thomas Pope and Mrs. Huldah, his wife, who died Feb. 28, 1794, in ye VIIth year of his age.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2013 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.