[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
367. In memory of John Bacon, died April 6, 1820, æt. 62.
Why do we mourn departed friends,
Or shake at death's alarms;
'Tis but the voice that Jesus sends,
To call them to his arms.
368. Priscilla, wife of John Bacon, died Dec. 13, 1812, æt. 47.
369. M. A., 1723.
370. Wate Miller, daughter of Mr. Benjamin and Mrs. Wate Holmes, died July 17, 1830, æt. 2 years, 3 mos. and 11 days.
We trust she's found the peaceful shore,
O happy babe she'll died no more.
371. William Holmes, died July 18, 1836, aged 40 years.
372. Elizabeth, daughter of Mr. Cornelius Holmes and Mrs. Elizabeth, his wife, died June 29, 1787, aged 3 months and 23 days.
373. Mrs. Elizabeth, wife of Dea. Cornelius Holmes, who died June 28, 1836, aged 80 years.
374. Dea. Cornelius Holmes, died Oct. 17, 1847, aged 92 yrs., 10 mos. and 14 days.
375. Here lies buried Mrs. Susanna, wife of Mr. Ebenezer Hinds, and daughter of Mr. John Keith, who died April 5th, 1750, in ye 23d year of her age, having been the mother of four children, and died in the faith of a glorious resurrection.
376. Here lies Mr. Phineas Conant; he died May 15, 1798, in the 72d year of his age.
377. In memory of Mrs. Joanna, wife of Mr. Phineas Conant; she died Jan. 5th, 1804, in her 77th year.
378. Here lies Jane, daughter of Mr. Peter and Mrs. Jane Conant, who died May 4th, 1796, in her 8th year.
My days were short, my glass is run,
And I am gone to my long home.
379. Memento Mori. In memory of Jacob, son of Mr. Phineas and Mrs. Joanna Conant, who died Oct. ye 14th, 1778, in the 11th year of his age.
Reader stand still, and spend a tear,
Think on the dust that slumbers here,
And when you read the state of me,
Think on the glass that runs for thee.
380. Memento Mori. In memory of Mrs. Martha, dautr of Mr. Phineas and Mrs. Joanna Conant, who died Augst ye 22d, 1778, in the 22d year of her age.
Behold my grave as you pass by;
For as you are, so once was I;
Death suddenly took hold on me,
And so the case with you may be.
381. Memento Mori. In memory of Mr. Lot Conant, who died June ye 6th, 1774, in the 85th year of his age.
382. Memento Mori. In memory of Mrs. Deborah, wife of Mr. Lot Conant, who died Sept. ye 26th, 1773, in the 82d year of her age.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.