|OLD GRAVE YARD.||95|
[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
499. Albion Chipman, died Feb. 25, 1840, aged 35 years.
Dearest husband, thou hast left us,
And thy loss I deeply feel;
But 'tis God that hath bereft us,
He can all my sorrows heal.
500. In memory of Ebenezer, son of Mr. Ebenezer Benson and Mrs. Silence, his wife, who died Nov. ye 19th, 188-, aged months, days.
501. In memory of Ebenezer, son of Mr. Ebenezer Benson and Mrs. Silence, his wife, who died Feb. ye 16, 1787, aged 4 months and 26 days.
502. In memory of Chloe, daugr of Mr. Ebenezer Benson and Mrs. Silence, his wife, who died Decem. ye 24th, 1784, aged II months and II days.
503. In memory of Chloe, daugr of Mr. Ebenezer Benson, and Mrs. Silence, his wife, who died Aug. ye 16th, 1782, aged 4 months and 25 days. (Broken and prostrate).
504. In memory of Mr. Jonathan Benson; he died Feb. 25, 1842, in his 83 year.
505. Chloe Hathaway, daut. of Jonah Benson, Jr., and Chloe, his wife, died Aug. 30, 1826, aged 17 mos. and 20 days.
So fades the lovely blooming flower.
506. Philip Bolton. (Stone broken and prostrate; b. 1774).
507. Mrs. Mary Bolton, wife of Mr. Nicholas Bolton, who died March ye 2d, 1747, in 53d year of her age.
508. Nahum Benson, died Sept. 30, 1825, aged 33 years.
509. Aubrey G., son of Giddins and Cassanda Lane, died Sept. 1, 1836, aged 1 year and 2 mos.
Our precious babe is now above,
In Jesus' arms among the blest.
510. In memory of John, son of Mr. Cyrus and Mrs. Lydia Benson; he died Sept. 20, 1812, aged 2 years, 1 month and 11 days.
His days upon earth were as a shadow.
511. In memory of Mr. John Benson, who died March 6, 1805, in his 27 year.
512. In memory of Lucia, daut. of Mr. Jonah Benson and Mrs. Martha, his wife; she died July 20, 1804, aged 2 years and 9 months.
513. In memory of Mrs. Martha, wife of Mr. Jonah Benson, died March 9, 1822, aged 57 years.
514. In memory of Mr. Jonathan Benson, who died Oct. 31, 1802, in his 50th year.
515. In memory of Mrs. Martha, wife of Mr. Jonathan Benson, who died March 21, 1801, in her 85 year.
516. Memento Mori. In memory of Mrs. Elizabeth Crossman, widow of Mr. Joseph Crossman, of Easton, formerly the wife of Mr.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.