[Transcribed by Dale H. Cook]
James Washburn, and daugtr of Mr. Josiah Leonard, died Octbr ye 14th, 1783, in ye 81st year of her age.
517. Reuel Fobes, born Dec. 1, 1783, died Aug. 21, 1857.
Reuel B., son of Reuel and Sibbel Fobes, born Aug. 15, 1811, died Ap. 13, 1815.
518. Erected in memory of Sibbel, wife of Reuel Fobes, who died March 6, 1843, aged 56.
519. Sibbel B., daughter of Reuel and Sibbel Fobes, died Apr. 17, 1840, æt. 18 years.
Mourner, weep not thou in sorrow
O'er thy cherished idol slain;
Meekly resignation borrow,
For thy daughter lives again.
520. Robert, son of Reuel and Sibbel Fobes, died June 23, 1836, æt. 18 years.
Bow thee to the will of God,
While the day of time is given;
Then when life's short path he trod,
Thou shalt meet thy child in heaven.
521. In memory of Ruth, dautr of Mr. Jacob Lathrop and Mrs. Sarah, his wife, who died March 13th, 1799, aged 1 year, 5 months 8 days.
522. In memory of Mr. Elijah Snow; he died July 1, 1792, in ye 64th year of his age.
523. In memory of Dinah Loring, who died June 15, 1837, æt. 66.
524. In memory of Mr. Eleazer Alden; he died May 2, 1803, in his 80 year.
525. In memory of Mrs. Sarah, widow of Mr. Eleazer Alden; she died April 26, 1818, year.
526. In memory of Miss Mary Alden; she died Dec. 4, 1818, in her 65 year.
527. Here lies Lewis, son of Mr. Eleazer and Mrs. Deborah Alden; he died March 30, 1796, æt. 6 months and 20 days.
528. In memory of Mrs. Deborah, wife of Mr. Eleazer Alden; she died June 20, 1804, in her 40 year.
529. Mr. Isaac Alden, died Oct. 30, 1835, aged 38 years.
Friends nor physicians conld [sic] not save
This mortal body from the grave,
Nor can the grave confine him here,
When Christ shall call him to appear.
530. Here lies Miss Anna Drew, died Dec. 1st, 1791, in ye 22d year of her year.
531. Cuff Ashport, 1827. (Colored).
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.