[Transcribed by Arthur Richardson]
tality Sept. 30th, A. D. 1782, in the 77 year of his age. (He gave the land for the grave-yard at Zephaniah Keith).
9. In memory of Mrs. Sarah Keith, wife of Lt. Amos Keith; she died Sept. 25, 1800, in the 94th year of her age.
So man lieth down and riseth not
Till the heavens be no more.
10. Here lies Deac. Samuel Keith; he died April 10, 1798, in the 91st year of his age. (Son of Samuel Keith).
10½. Mrs. S. K.
11. In memory of Mrs. Hannah Keith, wife of Dea. Samuel Keith, who died March 28, 1792, in ye 83d year of her age. (Daughter of William Ames).
12, In memory of Capt. Abiezer Edson, who died July ye 24th, A. D. 1791, aged 76 years and 24 days.
13 In memory of Mrs. Mary Edson, wife of Capt. Abiezer Edson, who died Nov. 27, 1778, in ye 54th year of her age.
14. Conjugal affection inscribes this monumental stone. Sacred to the memory of Capt. Pollycarpus Edson, the amiable, affectionate, and beloved consort Mrs. Lucy Edson, in ye 41st year of his age, Aug. 21, 1796. But his virtue triumphed over the grave. They live, a sorrowing wife, weeping children, mourning relatives, and afflicted friends.
15. Charlotte, daughter of Pollycarpus and Lucy Edson, born Jan. 12, 1786, died Oct. 3, 1863.
16. In memory of Mr. Eliab Fobes, who died December 27th, 1778, in the 40 year of his age.
17. Hannah, widow of William Fobes, died April 10th, 1820, æt. 84.
18. Erected in memory of Mr. William Fobes, who, in the hope of a happy immortality, departed this life May 29th, 1797, in the 64 year of his age.
Daily our mortal life decays,
But Christ, our life shall come;
His unresisting power shall raise
Our bodies from the tomb.
19. In memory of Thomas, son of Mr. Luther Hooper and Mrs. Phebe, his wife, died March 2, 1796, aged 35 years, 1 mo., no days.
20. No inscription. (Child of Luther Hooper).
21. Erected in memory of Calvin, son of Mr. Luther Hooper and Phebe Hooper, who died Sept. 4, 1825, aged 24 years.
22. Erected in memory of Mr. Luther Hooper, who died May 11, 1831, in his 88th [85th] year.
23. Erected in memory of Mrs. Phebe, wife of Mr. Lyman Hooper, who died Feb. 7, 1827, aged 60 years.
24. Erected in memory of Mr. Lyman Hooper, who died Jan. 24, 1833, aged 45 years.
25. No inscription. (J. Cary Keith).
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.