|KEITH OR SOUTH STREET GRAVE-YARD.||137|
[Transcribed by Arthur Richardson]
128. In memory of Joseph Harvey, Jr., who died December ye 30, 1770, in the 48 year of his age.
129. Daniel Crane, born Dec. 27, 1771, died March 15, 1827. In places of trust he was eminent for integrity; and in the relations of life was known as a good citizen, a wise counsellor, and a genial friend. He graduated from Brown University in the class of 1796.
130. Ann, wife of Daniel Crane, born Aug. 10, 1777, died Aug. 5, 1825.
131. Julia, daughter of Daniel and Ann Crane, born Jan. 25, 1808, died Sept. 4, 1825.
132. Lydia Adams, daughter of Daniel and Ann Crane, born Dec. 10, 1811, died Aug. 30, 1825.
133. Ann, daughter of Daniel and Ann Crane, born June 5, 1816, died Jan. 7, 1820.
134. Mary Anne, daughter of Daniel and Anne Crane, born March 30, 1806, died Oct. 5, 1808.
135. Mary Edson, daughter of Daniel and Anne Crane, born Sept. 6, 1802, died Sept. 1, 1804.
136 to 139. No inscription.
140. Eveline Chapman, died March 3, 1841, in the 11th year of her age.
141. Silas W., son of Peleg and Abigail A. Leach, born April 18, 1835, died Jan. 25, 1857.
142. William H., son of Peleg and Abigail Leach, born June 6, 1841, died Feb. 17, 1860.
143. Horace, son of Peleg and Abigail A. Leach, born Jnly [sic] 13, 1837, died Nov. 27, 1866.
144. Betsey W. Thompson, wife of Isaac Packard, born Nov. 30, 1794, died Nov. 10, 1858.
Dearest mother thou hast left us,
Here thy loss we deeply feel;
But 'tis God that hath bereft us,
He can all our sorrows heal.
145. Isaac Packard, born May 8, 1796, died May 7, 1860.
We part no more to meet
Until at length we greet,
Upon the blissful shore
Where parting is no more.
146. Sacred to the memory of Brander B., dau. of Isaac and Betsey W. Packard, who died June 9, 1845, in her 22d year.
It is well, it is well, we will not deplore thee,
Tho' the grave, with its gloom, hangs heavily on thee;
For with purified spirits unknown thou dost reign,
Far from the regions of sickness and pain.
147. Charlotte L., wife of George H. Gurney, daughter of Isaac and Betsey W. Packard, died June 5, 1851, in her 21st year.
Previous Contents Index to this cemetery Plan Directions Surnames Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Arthur Richardson and Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.