|ALDRICH OR ALDRIDGE.ALGER.||89|
6. Joseph, of Braintree, m. Patience Osbourne 1661, and had Joseph 1663.John Aldridge, of Bridgewater, was a soldier at Roxbury, and d. there Feb. 1776.There were also Nathan and Lydia Aldridge, in Bridgewater.Josiah m. Sarah Baker 1753. Joseph m. Elizabeth Andros, of T., 1754.Benjamin m. Mary Shaw 1721.Catherine m. Jacob Bump 1716.Peter Aldridge was on the jury 1707.Mary m. Joseph Newcomb 1768.Daniel, of M., m. Keziah Pratt 1797.Phebe m. David Vaughn, of M., 1802.Polly m. Lot Pratt 1787.Eaton Aldridge m. Nabby, wid. of Otis Holmes, of T., and D. of Ezra Fobes, 1807; she m. O. Holmes 1796.
[Thanks to Michael Hervey for transcribing the Alger family]
ALGER.Thomas Alger, from Taunton, (perhaps Easton now) settled in W. B. and m. Elizabeth, D. of Samuel Packard, 1665, and had Israel and Deliverance, and perhaps other children.
2. Israel, (s. of Thomas 1.) m. Patience, D. of Nathaniel Hayward, and had Israel 1689, Joseph 1694, Thomas 1697, Nathaniel 1700, John 1704.Nathaniel went to Easton, was there in 1727 and 1729.John d. 1730, and his brother Israel settled his estate.
3. Israel (s. of Israel 2.) m. Alice, D. of Joseph Hayward, and had Patience 1713; the mother d. 1716, and Patience was then called Alice to bear up her mother's name; he then m. Susanna, D. of William Snow, 1717, and had Israel, Daniel 1727, James 1729; the mother d. and he m. Rachel, D. of Thomas Wade, 1731, but had no children by her.Alice, Israel, and Daniel were all baptized 1727.Alice m. Shepard Fiske 1732.
4. Joseph (s. of Israel 2.) m. Mary, D. of Wm. Ames, 1719, and had Mary 1720, Joseph 1723, Patience 1726, Bethiah 1729, John 1732, Susanna 1734, Nathan 1737*, Edmund 1739.Mary m. Abner Hayward 1739.Patience m. Isaac Lathrop 1743.Bethiah m. Isaac Lazell 1748.Susanna m. Ephraim Burr 1755.
5. Thomas (s. of Israel 2.) m. Sarah, D. of Peter Dunbar, 1724, and had a s. Thomas, and perhaps other children.
6. Israel (s. of Israel 3.) m. Abial, D. of Samuel Lathrop, 1747, and had Sarah 1754*; he d. 1755, and the wid. m. Jon'a. Bozworth, 1756.
7. James (s. of Israel 3.) m. Martha, D. of Jon'a. Kingman, 1750, and had Anna 1752, Alice 1755, Abiezer 1757, Martha 1760, Phebe 1763, James 1765*, and James 1770, and 3 others who d. in infancy; he d. 1800, she 1813.Anna m. Jesse Fuller Sturtevant 1771, and Amos Keith 1774.Alice m. Peter Dunbar 1773.Martha m. Calvin Keith 1774.Phebe m. Thaxter Dunbar 1779.
8. Daniel (s. of Israel 3.) m. Susanna, D. of Benjamin Fobes, and had Daniel 1751, Susanna 1753, Israel 1755, Kezia 1757, Benjamin 1760, Chloe and Silvia 1761, Nathan 1763, Martha
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.