3. Moses (s. of Christopher 2) m. Deborah Dyer 1808, and had Kitty Dyer 1809, Christopher 1813*, Moses 1815, Deborah 1819.
Obadiah Bates and his w. Ruth.Wm. R. Bates of Cummington m. Polly, D. of Dea. Isaac Lazell, 1803.James of W. m. Lucy, D. of Daniel Orcutt, 1805.Daniel m. Jane Reed 1811.Jacob m. Lucy Dyer of A. 1816. Cotton of W. m. Rhoda, D. of Josiah Johnson, 1817.Rufus of Hanover m. Huldah, D. of Eleazar Keith, 1821.Christopher, Jr., m. a Howland.
[Thanks to Betty White for transcribing the Battles family]
BATTLES.John Battles (from Plymouth) settled in Stoughton Corner within the North Parish of Bridgewater, and m. Hannah, D. of Edward Curtis, and had John
* [See NEHGR 25:192], Jonathan, Samuel, Asa, Uriah, Edward, Curtis, Hannah, Rebecca, and Susanna.Hannah m. a Jordan.Rebecca m. a Billings.Susanna m. a Lord.Jonathan m. Hannah, D. of Joseph Porter, and settled in Stoughton.Edward and Curtis went to Vt.Susanna Battles m. Benjamin Washburn 1742.
2. Samuel (s. of John 1) settled in N. B. and m. Dorothy, D. of Christopher Dyer, 1786, and had Sybil 1786, Lucinda 1788, Daniel Dyer 1790*, David 1792, Dorothy 1796, Saml. 1798*, Jason Dyer 1800, Nahum 1802, Mary Dyer 1806*, Anson 1810, Mary Dyer 1814.Sybil m. Ruel Fobes 1806.Lucinda m. Luke Packard 1806.David m. Jerusha Adams 1816.Dorothy m. Ansel Perkins 1819.Jason D. removed to Boston.
3. Asa (s. of John 1) settled also in N. B. and m. Mary, D. of John Pratt, and had Polly 1788, Ara 1790, John 1792, Betsy 1794, William 1796, Susanna 1798, Amelia 1800, Isabella, and Hannah.Polly m. a Cleaveland.Ara m. Polly, D. of Samuel Cheesman.Jno. m. Milicent Porter 1816.Betsy m. a Branch.Susanna m. a Reynolds.Isabella m. a Miller.Susanna Battles m. Nathl. Leeds 1806
[Thanks to Betty White for transcribing the Beal family]
BEAL OR BEALS.Samuel Beal (probably from Pembroke) settled in E. B., where Eleazer Keith lived, and m. Mary, only child of Elnathan Bassett, 1725, and had Samuel 1726, Nathan 1727, Daniel 1729, Jonathan 1730, Joseph* and Benjamin 1733, Seth 1736*, Mary 1742, Joseph 1743*; the father d. 1750.
2. Samuel (s. of the above) m. Elizabeth Blackman 1745, and had David 1746*, Samuel 1748, after his father's death, and his mother, the wid., m. Theophilus Byram 1749.
3. Nathan (s. of Saml. 1) and his w. Bathsheba had Mary 1750, Nathan 1752, Nehemiah 1755, John 1759.Mary m. Nehemiah Shaw 1775.(See David Hill).
4. Daniel (s. of Saml. 1) m. Mehitabel, D. of Josiah Byram, 1750, and had Samuel 1750, Daniel 1753, Joshua 1755, Mehitabel 1758.Joshua m. Susanna, D. of Dea. David Edson, 1768.
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2003-2010 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.