Mary 1754*; (the mother d. 1754) and he m. Abihail, wid. of Israel Alger, Jr., D. of Samuel Lathrop, 1756; and had Jonathan 1757, Molly 1759, Sarah 1761, Chloe 1764, Israel 1767*.The father d. 1767, and the wid. m. Joseph Ames 1768.Jonathan m. Abigail Williams 1780.Sarah m. Barnabas Lathrop and d. 1813.Chloe m. Daniel Tolman 1784.Wm. Bozworth of H. m. Lucy Hayward 1807.Susan m. Ephraim Sampson 1821.
BRADLEY.James Bradley m. Catharine Moore 1759; he came from Abington, and had a D. Mille born here 1760.William and Joanna Bradley had a son John b. here 1767.George Bradley m. Susanna Pierce 1753.Mary Bradley of A. m. Ebenezer Allen 1757.James and George were both b. in Dorchester, and were both in the French war in 1755 with Gen. Winslow, taking and dispersing the neutral French.
BRETT.William Brett (probably from Kent, in Eng.), was at Duxbury 1645, and one of the original proprietors and settlers in W. B.; an Elder of the Church; a leading man both in the Church and in the Town; was often a Representative to the Old Colony Court; often preached when Mr. Keith was sick, or otherwise prevented. He d. 1681; his w. Margaret; his children were William, Elihu, Nathaniel, Lydia, Alice and Hannah.Alice m. Joseph Hayward.Hannah m. Francis Cary.
2. William (s. of William 1) was a respectable man and a Deacon; he m. Elizabeth, D. of John Cary; he had one D. Bethiah, an only child, who m. Thomas Hayward 1706; he lived within the limits of E. B; he d. a. 1713, the date of his will.
3. Elihu, Esq. (s. of William 1) was a Magistrate and a Justice of the Court of Common Pleas and Sessions, appointed 1700; he d. suddenly in his chair 1712; his w. named Ann; his children were Mary, w. of John Willis; and Margaret, w. of Samuel Willis, m. 1706; and Elihu.
4. Nathaniel (s. of William 1) was a Deacon and Town Clerk; he m. Sarah, D. of John Hayward, 1683; she d. 1737; he 1740; and had Alice 1686*, Seth 1688, Mehitabel, 1692, Sarah 1695, Hannah 1699, William 1702, Nathaniel 1704.Mehitabel m. Samuel Edson 1721.Sarah d. 1774.Hannah m. Joseph Gannett 1732.
5. Elihu (s. of Elihu 3) m. Susanna, wid. of John Hayward, Jr., and D. of Samuel Edson, and had John 1707, Anne 1710, Bethiah 1714; his will 1744; he d. 1745.Anne m. Joseph Cary 1732.Bethiah m. Joseph Drake.He had also another D. Elizabeth, who m. a Drake and left 2 ch., Freelove and Ann Drake.
6. Seth (s. of Nathaniel 4) m. Sarah, D. of Isaac Alden, 1712, and had Samuel 1714, Silas 1716, Sarah 1718, Simeon 1720, Seth 1722, after the death of his father, who died of the small
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.