[Thanks to Betty White for transcribing the Edson family]
1706, Josiah Jan. 24, 1709; Huldah 1713, Abiezer 1715, Freelove 1718, Elijah 1720. Sarah m. Elisha Pierce of Scituate 1731, and had one D., Sarah, who m. a Holbrook, and afterwards a Park.Huldah m. Hezekiah Hayward 1738.Freelove m. Josiah Fobes 1740.Abiah m. Samuel Alden a. 1728.
8. Benjamin (s. of Joseph 3) m. Joanna, D. of William Orcutt, 1755 [1715 (8)], and d. 1758. He settled in N. B., had Benjamin 1715, Nathan 1718, Peter 1720, Jacob 1722, William 1724, Seth 1726, Ichabod 1728, Ebenezer 1730, Joanna 1733, Abigail 1736. His will proved 1758, dated 1753, does not mention Nathan, Peter, Jacob, or Icabob [sic]. Joanna m. Isaac Perkins 1754, Abigail m. Josiah Perkins 1755.Benjamin m. Ann Thayer 1739; m. at A.; and had one son, Jacob, who m. Betty Packard 1759, and both removed to Pelham. Jacob's children born here were Benjamin 1759, Anna 1761, Betty 1764, Jacob 1765, Abiel 1768, Simeon 1770, Sarah 1772, Eurene 1775, Levi 1778. Nathan and Jacob probably died young.Seth settled in Stafford.Abigail (perhaps Abiel above) m. Bezaliel Flagg of Petersham 1786.Peter m. Sarah Southworth 1745, and had no children; his will dated 1750.
9. Samuel (s. of Joseph 3) m. Mehitabel, D. of Dea. Nathl. Brett, 1721, and lived in E. B.; had Samuel 1722, Nathaniel 1728; she d. 1736, and he m. Mehitabel, D. of Joseph Hayward, 1738; he d. 1750, she 1776. Samuel d. 1800 a bachelor.
10. Timothy (s. of Joseph 3) m. Mary, D. of Joseph Alden, 1719, and lived in E. B.; had Hannah 1720, Timothy 1722, Anna, Abijah 1725, Jona. 1728, Mary 1730. Hannah (see Hannah, D. of Deacon Joseph 6)Abijah m. Susanna, D. of James Snow, 1747 and had Abijah 1748.Mary m. James Snow, Jr., 1758. This family all went to Stafford, and she d. there æ. 80, and Jonathan was in Ashfield 1770.Timothy, Jr., had 2 children, John and Huldah, b. here 1746 and 1748, and both d. in infancy.
11. Samuel (s. of Samuel 5) m. Martha, D. of Nathan Perkins, 1738; had Martha 1740, Samuel 1742, Eunice, Lois, Jonah 1751, Betty, Sarah, Noah 1756, Huldah, Zilphah. Martha m. Daniel Carr 1770.Eunice m. John Chamberlin of Westmoreland 1766.Lois m. Jacob Staples, Jr., of Taunton 1765.Betty m. Rodolphus Borden of Middleborough 1774. (See Abel 13.)Sarah m. Timothy Richards 1778.Huldah m. Thomas Pope 1782.Zilphah m. Daniel Willis, Jr., 1778.Jonah removed to Westmoreland.
12. Nathan (s. of Samuel 5) m. Mary, D. of Jona. Sprague, 1738.Mary Edson m. Joseph Pettingill 1745.
13. Abel (s. of Samuel 5) m. Margaret, D. of Nathl. Conant; had Rachel 1744, Abel 1750, Levi 1754, Dan and Elizabeth 1756, Keziah 1758, Rufus 1765. Abel m. Betty, D. of William Trask,
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2003-2008 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.