8. Peter (s. of Daniel, Esq., 4) of Hingham m. Hannah D. of Matthew Hawke 1685, and d. 1719; she d. 1737, æ 82; he had Peter 1686, Stephen 1687, Jonathan 1689, Lydia who m. a Marshall, and Hannah, who m. a Cushing.
9. Daniel (s. of Daniel, Esq. 4) of Hingham m. Elizabeth, D. of Capt. John Thaxter 1680, and had Daniel 1681*, Elisha, Daniel, Moses, Elizabeth, Sarah, w. of John Jacob; Ruth, w. of Samuel Lincoln; Deborah, w. of Benjamin Loring; Abigail, w. of Richard Kilby of Boston; and Sarah, who d. young probably. Daniel Cushing and his w. Sarah (he d. 1754) had Daniel, Ebenezer, Sarah Smith; sister Elizabeth, gr. s. Thomas, and gr. ss. Thomas and Obadiah Hersey.Daniel Cushing and his w. Elizabeth (he d. 1793) had Daniel, Susanna, Elizabeth Jones, Deborah Cushing, gr. s. Daniel, and brother Benjamin Lincoln.
10. Jeremiah (s. of Daniel, Esq. 4) gra. H. U. 1676, m. Hannah, D. of Thomas Loring 1685, and settled in the ministry at Scituate 1691; he d. March 22, 1705, and his wid. m. John Barker, Esq., an attorney 1706; he had Hannah 1687, Ignatius 1689, Jeremiah 1695, Ezekiel 1698.Hannah m. Samuel Barker, s. of her father-in-law 1706.Ezekiel settled at Cape Elizabeth, and his D. Lucy m. Dr. James Otis and was mother of the late Hon. Dr. Cushing Otis.Wid. Ann Cushing d. at Boston 1759, and in her will mentioned her s. Jeremiah, and Ds. Mary Wheaton, Susanna, w. of Jona. Goddard; and Hannah.
11. Theophilus (s. of Daniel, Esq. 4) of Hingham m. Mary, D. of Capt. John Thaxter; his will 1718; he had Nehemiah 1689, Adam 1692, David 1694, Abel, Theophilus, Seth, Deborah, and Lydia.Nehemiah settled in Abington or Pembroke.
12. Capt. Matthew (s. of Daniel, Esq. 4) of Hingham m. Jael, D. of Capt. John Jacob 1684; she d. 1708; he 1715; he had David 1685*, David 1687*, Solomon 1692, Job 1694, Moses 1696, Samuel 1699, Isaac 1701, Obadiah 1703*, Jael 1706.Job gra. H. U. 1714, ord. at Shrewsbury 1723, father of Jacob who gra. H. U. 1748, and who was ord. at Waltham, and whose s. John gra. H. U. 1764, was minister of Ashburnham, and had a s. John of Boston, who m. Julia Keith 1795 and died 1806, and had Julia Ann and Mary Keith.Jael m. John Lazell of Hingham.
13. Hon. John (s. of John 7) of Scituate m. Deborah, D. of Thomas Loring of Hull 1687; she d. 1713; he 1737; he was Chief Just. of the Inferior Court of Plymouth, Counsellor, and then Justice of the S. J. Court; he had Sarah 1687, Deborah 1693, John 1695, Elijah 1697, Mary 1700*, Nazareth 1703, Benjamin 1706, Nathaniel 1709; he m. a 2d wife Sarah Holmes (a wid. perhaps, and D. of Capt. John Thaxter) 1714, and had Josiah 1715, and Mary 1716.Deborah m. Capt. John Briggs, Jr., 1712, and her D. Deborah m. Thos. Savage, Esq., of Boston,
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2004-2008 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.