1770. His w. d. 1771, and he then m. Deborah Beal 1779, and had Joseph 1782.
38. Judge William (s. of Hon. John 30) gra. H. U. 1751, C. Justice of S. J. C. of Mass., and then Judge of the S. C. of the U. S.; m. Hannah Phillip of Middletown, Conn., 1774, and d. 1810, his wife surviving, but no children.
39. Col. Charles (s. of Hon. John 30) gra. H. U. 1755, Clerk of the Courts in Boston, m. Elizabeth, sister of Gov. Increase Sumner, and d. 1810; his only son Charles Esq. gra. H. U. 1796, went to Portsmouth, and the Ds. m. Charles Paine, Henry Sheafe, Stephen Codman, and Elisha Doane, Esqrs.
40. Benjamin (s. of Dea. Benjamin 36) m. Lydia, D. of John Beal, 1781, and had Charlotte 1783 at Hingham, Lydia 1790 at Halifax, Benja. 1794 at Hal. Charlotte m. Josiah Sturtevant of Halifax 1804, and had Rolinda 1806 at Pembroke, N. H. (w. of Welcome Young Esq. of E. B.) and Josiah 1806*; she m. Eben'r Eastman, a 2d husband, 1816, and had Josiah S. 1817, Charlotte C. 1820, John B. 1823, Charles C. 1825.Lydia m. Timothy Gile 1818.Benjamin m. wid. Elizabeth Furnald 1815, and had John Beal 1816*, Lydia Beal 1817, Elizabeth Moore 1820; by a 2d w. he had John Beal, Charlotte Jane, and Mary Gile. The family is now principally in N. H.
41. Thomas Cushing m. Mercy Bridgham, 1712; her will at Boston 1746 mentions 3 children, Joseph Bridgham, Elizabeth w. of Samuel Holyoke, and Mercy w. of John Smith.
42. Jeremiah (Jeremiah 16, no doubt) who m. Judith Parmenter at Boston 1693, had Jeremiah 1696, Benjamin 1700, John 1705, Ebenezer 1710. Jeremiah was no doubt the husband of the wid. Ann there mentioned, as the records furnish a Jeremiah who m. Ann Coffin in 1715, and a Jeremiah who m. Ann Mortemore 1723.Benjamin m. Elizabeth Roberts 1725, and had Judith 1726, Benjamin 1729, Nathaniel 1731, Jeremiah 1733. John m. Sarah Colesworthy 1727, and had Sarah 1727.Ebenezer m. Elizabeth Daniel 1732, and had Ebenezer 1735.Benjamin Cushing m. Susanna Salter 1761, and had Benjamin and Susanna; he then m. Mary Colesworthy 1770, and had Thomas 1772*, Nancy 1774*, Thomas 1776, Henry 1778, Josiah 1780, Nancy 1782, Stephen 1784, and Jonathan 1786.[See Jeremiah 16; and compare this also with Benjamin 20.]
43. Theophilus (s. of Theophilus 11) of Hingham m. Hannah Waterman probably 1723, and d. a widower 1778; he had Theophilus, Perez, Pyam dec'd, Emma w. of John Burr, and Tamar w. of Elisha Cushing of Pembroke dec'd, whose children were Elisha, Tamar, and Tamsin.
44. Pyam (s. of Theophilus 43) d. 1776, leaving a wid. Hannah; he had Pyam, Robert, Henry, Seth, Hannah, Deborah,
Previous Contents Abbreviations Residents Non-Residents Next
Copyright © 2004-2008 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.