The two following families lived in a corner of Abington, which was included in the incorporation of the North Parish.
Came from Middlebrough, m. an Alden, had five ss. Seth, Abiel, Oliver, John, and Samuel; and two ds. Rebecca and Abiah. He afterwards m. a widow Phillips, had one d. Hannah. Rebecca m. Richard Field. Abiah died in youth. Hannah m. Dependance French.
Seth Harris died in 1797, aged 78.
1. Seth m. a Warren, had two ss. Seth, and Martin; and four ds. Susanna, Olive, Rhoda, and Abiah. Seth 3d and Martin live in the State of Maine.
2. Abiel m. a Snell, had three ss. Reuel, Abiel, and Nathaniel; and four ds. Susanna, Mehitable, Patty, and Abiah. Susanna m. a Southworth, and afterward Matthew Snell. Mehitable m. Samuel Packard. Patty m. Dan Packard. Abiah m. a Loud. Reuel lives in Braintree. Abiel 2d m. a Reynolds, had no children. Abiel Harris, and his son Nathaniel, moved to Jay, Maine.
3. Oliver m. a Leach, and lives at Stoughton.
4. John m. an Edson, had six ss. Samuel, John, Isaac, Sidney, Austin, and Madison; and four ds. Sybil, Abigail, Mahala, and Thirza. Sybil m. Gideon Howard. Abigail m. Abiel Packard. Mahala m. Silas Reed. Thirza m. a Reed. Samuel 2d m. a Howard. John m. a Snell.
5. Samuel died in youth.
Was son of Samuel Alden of Titicut, who was a descendant of John Alden, one of the first settlers in Bridgewater. He m. a Williams, had seven ss. Daniel, Silas, Joseph, Samuel, Williams, Seth, and Hosea; and one d. Hannah, who m. James Cary.
Samuel Alden died in 1816, aged 81.
1. Daniel m. a Cary, had three ss. Otis, Daniel, and Alpheus; and one d. Sally, who m. a Burr. Otis m. an Adams. Daniel 2d m. a Southworth; he and Alpheus live in Randolph.
2. and 3. Silas and Joseph live in Jay, State of Maine.
4. Samuel 2d m. a Ford, has one s. Sanford; and three ds. Mehitable, Hannah, and Sally.
5. Williams m. a Linfield, has three ds. Mary, Lavina, and Clarissa.
6. Seth m. a Southworth, and lives in Stoughton.
7. Hosea m. an Edson.
Previous Page Image Contents Next
Copyright © 2003-2012 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.