COHASSET.


  April 26, 1770, part of Hingham established as the district of Cohasset.
  August 23, 1775, the district made a town by general act. June 14, 1823, part of Scituate annexed.
  March 20, 1840, bounds between Scituate and Cohasset established and part of each town annexed to the other town.
  April 30, 1897, bounds between Cohasset, Hingham and Scituate established.



POPULATION.
1776 (Prov.), 754;  |  1870 (U.S.), 2,130;
1790 (U.S.), 817;  |  1875 (State), 2,197;
1800 (U.S.), 849;  |  1880 (U.S.), 2,182;
1810 (U.S.), 994;  |  1885 (State), 2,216;
1820 (U.S.), 1,099;  |  1890 (U.S.), 2,448;
1830 (U.S.), 1,233;  |  1895 (State), 2,474;
1840 (U.S.), 1,471;  |  1900 (U.S.), 2,759;
1850 (U.S.), 1,775;  |  1905 (State), 2,727;
1855 (State), 1,879;  |  1910 (U.S.), 2,585;
1860 (U.S.), 1,953;  |  1915 (State), 2,800.
1865 (State), 2,048;  |       

Previous  Contents  Births  Marriages  Deaths  Next

Copyright © 2003-2009 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.