Cohasset having formerly been a part of Hingham, and known as the east or second precinct, its families are included in the succeeding records up to 1770, when it was incorporated as a separate town.
The writer gratefully acknowledges his indebtedness to Charles B. W. Lane and Quincy Bicknell, of Hingham; to Rev. Joseph Osgood and Aaron Pratt, of Cohasset; and to Gen. Samuel Andrews, Charles J. F. Binney, and Albert T. Whiting, of Boston, for the loan of valuable records. Also to Charles N. Marsh, Elijah Shute, Edwin D. Gardner, and David Cobb, Jr. for assistance in collecting information. Without the aid thus rendered some of the records would have been quite incomplete.
Previous General Contents Genealogical Registers Next
Copyright © 2003-2015 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.