|92||History of Marshfield.|
years. Town meetings were held in the churches until 1838, and afterward in the old Town House, near the present site of the Almshouse, which was abandoned for the new Hall in the Ventress Memorial Building in the last decade of the 19th century. In 1654 a mill was authorized to be built in the town at South River for the grinding of corn.
Previous Contents History Contents Families Contents Next
Copyright © 2007-2010 by Dale H. Cook. All rights reserved.